Pages

Tuesday 12 May 2020

[Tuesday] Good Morning Year 4


Ayaan
Hello Year 4! Here are the Egyptian masks I received yesterday.

Nico

Rushane

Kirsty
Today, I want you to look at subordinate clauses.
We've actually learnt to use them already. Subordinate clauses do not make sense on their own but they make our sentences better. 
For example: 

I like bananas. (This is just a normal sentence)

I can make the sentence better by adding more information like this: 
I like bananas because they are sweet.
(The blue part is a subordinate clause)

Here are more examples (the blue parts are subordinate clauses):
After I eat my breakfast, I go for a walk. 
I need to finish my homework before I go play
My favourite movie is Harry Potter as I love magic.
Feeling nervous, Olivia crawled under her bed.

TASK: Add subordinate clauses to the following sentences. 
1) Before ________________________________, I brush my teeth. 
2) Feeling ____________________________, the rabbit inched towards its burrow. 
3) I miss going to school because ________________________________________________.
4) I must drink some water after __________________________________________________.
5) Looking _________________________________, I started daydreaming.
Make up your own sentences with subordinate clauses. Underline the subordinate clauses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment